We offer Immunogenicity studies in vivo. Studies can be conducted using a standard mouse or rat animal model. Vaccines will be tested in our vivarium and these studies can range in size from small pilot studies to larger animal groups. Samples originating from these in vivo studies can be transferred to your laboratories for further analysis or we can provide analysis for you.
We offer studies for research laboratories and biotech companies. We are a USDA registered facility in Southern California and Abcore employs experienced technicians with multiple years of experience to ensure quality data is generated. Vaccines are a 20th century medical marvel. They have dramatically reduced the morbidity and mortality caused by infectious diseases and has contributed to a striking increase in life expectancy around the globe. Nonetheless, determining vaccine efficacy remains a challenge.
Most vaccines have been evaluated at one point in small rodents, most likely mice. Mice have the advantage of being readily available at a low cost, they are easy to handle, they have defined genetic backgrounds, and their immune functions are well characterized. We also offer rats if needed.
Project Information for Vaccine Studies
- Custom mouse models selected based on study design
- BALB/c, BALB/c hybrid, Nude and SCID mice are available
- Mice are immunized based on study design
- Blood samples are collected based on study design
- At end of study a terminal bleed is collected
- Elisa testing of vaccine titer if requested
- Shipping of samples to client or drop ship to appropriate lab
- Custom project report to accompany shipment of samples